Abakiliki: The fratricidal political feud in Ebonyi State between the State Governor, Engr. Dave Umahi and former Senate President/Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Chief Anyim Pius Anyim seems to have continued unabated despite peace moves by concerned Igbo leaders.
Currently, aides to both men are trading tackles in the media over an article written by Silas Joseph Onu, the State Publicity Secretary of the PDP, accusing the State Commissioner for Information, Barr. Uchenna Orji of incitement and “re-creating crisis”
In a rejoinder captioned, “BETWEEN SILAS JOSEPH ONU AND PDP, WHO IS CAUSING VIOLENCE IN PARTS OF EBONYI STATE.”, two Technical Assistants to the Ebonyi State under the Office of the Hon Commissioner for Information, Engr. Damian Okafor and Daphne Nnenna Eteng took the said State Publicity Secretary of the PDP to the cleaners.
It read as follows:
- The attention of the media aides of the Commissioner for Information and State Orientation,Ebonyi State, Barr. Orji Uchenna Orji has been drawn to another sponsored directionless and clueless post on the above referred caption by a busy body in People’s Democratic Party, PDP who parades himself as the State Publicity Secretary of PDP.
- Although the Hon. Commissioner had restrained us from responding to that clearly misleading, infamous and irresponsible post credited to that ghost writer and anachronistic propagandist, we are constrained to put the records straight lest Silas Joseph Onu swindles the sensibilities of the gullible.
- While we are careful not to go against the stand of the Commissioner on speaking reservatively on the person of Senator Anyim whom Silas Joseph Onu unwittingly made a subject of discussion for reasons best known to him, we must note here that the language, content and context of the said post of Silas Joseph Onu depicts a man of shallow knowledge of the historical background of the land grabbing contestation between Senator Anyim Pius Anyim and his kinsmen in Ovumte Ishiagu
- It would appear that the embattled Silas Joseph Onu is desperately confused about the jurisdictional dictates of the office of the Publicity Secretary of a Political Party when he chronicled unfounded allegations of inciting ‘Ishiagwu’people against Senator Anyim Pius Anyim over land grabbing, and when he framed up a fictitious story against the Judiciary of Ebonyi State, and the noble project at Umuchima in Uburu.
- It is a shame that Silas Joseph Onu who doesn’t know the spelling of Ishiagu community and who wanders fugitively as diaspora- based political jobber without coming home, is standing as a spokesman to Senator Anyim Pius Anyim over a land grabbing allegation which has no connection with any government officials at any level of government, and turns back to condenm the sighting of Federal Housing Project at his home town as land grabbing. This is a height of ignominious idiocyncracy and political exuberance of a political green horn who was brought as a far substitute to an original nominee( from Ishiagu) of the Abuja group of the State Caretaker Committee of PDP.
With this rustic behaviour, one can deduce who nominated Silas Joseph Onu and his objective, unfortunately Onu is lacking in direction and capacity to the utter disappointment of the leader of the PDP Abuja group
- Meanwhile, we are calling on the Security Agencies to beam their survellance processes on Silas Joseph Onu over his unguided and unabated utterrances and seditious publications which are not only deceitful but also provocative and evil packed.
- It will be noted that this so called Silas Joseph Onu has never met Hon. Barr. Orji Uchenna Orji and that is why we are wondering why Silas Joseph Onu will be the next conduit to be used by Onu’s Principal to levy cheap lies against the person of Hon. Barr. Orji Uchenna. But he has to ask questions because it will boomerang.
Members of the public are enjoined to disregard the allegations contained in the 5th February 2021 publication of Silas Joseph Onu of PDP as baseless, false and nothing but a costly caption with a worthless content and lacking in credibility and sensibility.