Enugu – Ohanaeze Ndigbo worldwide has finally suspended the saboteurs who recently collected $300,000 from Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike for the mass burial of Obigbo massacre victims and compensation to their families, following their inability to come clean on their “romance with Wike” which led them to accept to launder his battered image among Ndigbo for a fee, as well as to sabotage the interests of the Labour Party Presidential candidate in his quest to recover his mandate as well that of LP in the Rivers State Governorship election.
This was contained in a statement issued on Wednesday morning by Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro, the Ohanaeze Secretary General.
According to the statement, the saboteurs were suspended and banned forthwith from participation in all Ohanaeze activities indefinitely, following their inability to appear before the High Chief Jackson Omenazu Disciplinary Committee set up to investigate their ill-fated and condemnable trip to hobnob with Wike after he brutally and violently robbed Mr. Peter Obi of his electoral victory in Rivers State.
Isiguzoro explained that the characters in question namely; Alex Ogbonnia, Eziechi Chukwu, Kingsley Chidozie, Fred Eze, Emeka Ogwu, Prince Nwandu and others refused to honor the invitation of the probe panel which was constituted in line with the Ohanaeze constitution to accord them a fair hearing.
According to the Ohanaeze scribe:
“The High Chief Jackson Omenazu Disciplinary Committee raised the following pertinent questions which the accused persons failed to respond to either in person or in writing within 48 hours, as demanded by the probe committee. The questions include;
- Which Ohanaeze organ authorized their trip to Wike?
- What was the real aim of their embarking on such a visit to Gov Wike, at this moment in time when Ndigbo and indeed all patriotic Nigerians still feel raw pain and anger over how he brutally and violently robbed Obi of his electoral victory in his state in his usual bloody style.
- How much did they collect from Wike both for the Obigbo massacre victims and to launder his image among Ndigbo ahead of the forthcoming Governorship election?
- How much did they collect from Wike
- Why have they refused to give the families of the Obigbo Massacre Victims and the Biafran agitators their money?
Finally, their suspensions are meant to be a lesson to others, who might equally be toying with the idea of betraying the Igbo interest.
Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro
Secretary General, Ohanaeze Ndigbo worldwide