OBI-DATTI TICKET, AN UNSTOPPABLE SPIRITUAL FORCE – SAYS MAI RAKUMI, LP NATIONAL SECRETARY AT KATSINA LP ZONAL MEETING
Katsina: The National Secretary, Labour Party, Hon Umar Faruk Mai Rakumi has described the Obi-Datti ticket as “an unstoppable spiritual force”.
Mai Rakumi made this assertion on Monday at the North West Harmonization Town Hall Meeting of the LP held at Katsina Motel, Katsina, Katsina State.
The zonal meeting was aimed at getting the various support groups as well as the party’s leadership within the seven states of the North West to work effectively and harmoniously in order to set up a formidable structure to ensure the party’s victory at the polls, come 2023.
According to Mai Rakumi, “I enjoin all of us as Obi-dients to continue doing what we are doing in respect of Peter Obi’s Candidature.
The Labour Party’s Chief scribe equally said that the Obi-Datti ticket has become a spiritual force that cannot be stopped:
“In fact, the Obi-Datti ticket has become a spiritual force that nobody can stop.
Furthermore, he explained that the purpose of the meeting was to integrate all the groups canvassing for the Obi-Datti ticket into the main stream Labour Party for effective control and coordination. He reminded the house that it is Labour party logo that will be on the ballot paper, not the candidate’s name or picture.
As such, Mai Rakumi urged party faithfuls to evolve practical ways of popularizing the party’s logo, papa, mama, pikin; symbolizing the family.
According to Comrade Sani Saeed Muhammad, LP North West Director for Mobilization & Logistics, the program was so surreal and it was heartwarming to see the impressive turnout of Northerners.
He also noted that the passion and support of the youths and women in Katsina State was overwhelming.
The three Zonal Directors of the Coalition for Peter Obi, CPO were in attendance, namely; Comrade Sani Saeed Muhammad From Kaduna State, Usman Umar Faruk from Katsina State, Hon. Sadisu Isiyaku Hakimi from Kano State, respectively.
- The event started with a brief prayer by both Muslims and Christian Representatives, followed by Introduction of the Members of the High Table, general introduction of the different Support groups (CPO & Others) and the candidates of the Labour party.
- Earlier in his opening remarks, the Katsina State Chairman of the Labour Party, welcomed representatives of the party hierarchy as well as party faithfuls.
- He urged them to remain focused and committed since LP’s presidential ticket of Obi-Datti which was built on competence and transparency rather than ethno-religious considerations was the only answer to Nigeria’s present gloomy situation.
- Other groups not in the CPO were advised to get integrated into any of the approved 36 members of the Coalition. They were also advised to liaise with the CPO Lead Coordinator Katsina State.
- Also, members of the CPO that already have Local government Areas coordinators were urged to identify and work with their respective Labour party Local Government chairmen.
- About 5 Support Groups in attendance were given two minutes each to address the house regarding their programs, strategies and challenges in the build up to the 2023 General Elections.