Enugu: As campaign for the 2023 Enugu Governorship Election gathers momentum, youth leaders from Enugu East Senatorial have appealed to the Enugu State Governor, Rt Hon Ifeanyichukwu Ugwuanyi to “choose and support any Credible, Competent and Capable Nkanu man irrespective of his local government of origin as his successor.”
The youths leaders also warned saboteurs stating that “Nkanu Youths are aware of some saboteurs betraying the collective interest of our nation, we hereby call on the very few to retrace else be prepared to face the music of thousands of Nkanu youths.”
This was contained in a communiqué issued after an expanded summit of Enugu East Zonal Youth Stakeholders held on Thursday, 10th March, 2022 in Enugu, signed by Hon. Edeani M. Edeani, National President, Nkanu Youths, Aide to Enugu State Governor and the Convener.
The communiqué is as follows:
” A COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF THE EXPANDED SUMMIT OF THE ENUGU-EAST ZONAL YOUTH STAKEHOLDERS, HELD AT THE CASTLE MAJESTIC HOTEL, OGUI, ENUGU TODAY, 10th MARCH, 2022.
Our profound appreciation goes to the Almighty God who made
the success of the Enugu-East Stakeholders Summit a
verity. We also thank the distinguished keynote Speaker, other Speakers, the
Special Guests and of course the youth delegates.
Following the success of the Enugu-East youths stakeholders summit, we the stakeholders of youths drawn from all the Youth groups and organisations in the 6 local government areas of Enugu East Senatorial zone at the end of the expanded Summit held with other critical Youth Stakeholders in Enugu State, today, the 10th day of March 2022, hereby agree to the followings:
- That we are pleased with the stability, peace and unity in Enugu State, especially the political understanding enthroned by justice, equity and fairness through Zoning.
- That we recognize that the Enugu gubernatorial zoning pact is a tripod agreement established to incorporate all the three senatorial Zones in Enugu State; Enugu East, Enugu West and Enugu North Senatorial Zone and that we hereby fully endorse and reaffirm our full support.
- That Enugu State is among the few in the country that enjoys political harmony on account of adherence to zoning or rotation of key political offices in the three senatorial districts especially the governorship seat since 1999.
- That Senator Chimaroke Nnamani from Enugu East was the state governor from 1999 to 2007, Bar. Sullivan Chime from Enugu West took over from 2007 to 2015 while the incumbent Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi from Enugu North is expected to complete the cycle in 2023.
- That it is expected that the governorship slot returns to Enugu East senatorial zone for the second round of the rotation in 2023 and that we hereby support and declare publicly that it is the turn of Ndi Nkanu to produce Enugu state Governor come 2023.
- That we the Youths of Enugu-East Senatorial zone thank our governor, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, for his unprecedented development in Enugu state, his commitment to youth empowerment and participation in politics and his support for the sustenance of zoning pact in Enugu State.
- That we the youths of Enugu East Senatorial zone understand the value of having a competent and capable leader at the helm of Enugu affairs and that we have decided to support any competent Nkanu man, with a proven track record of quality leadership, administration, human capital development, youth inclusion and good governance.
- That Youths of Enugu East Senatorial zone hereby appeal to our dear governor, His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi to choose and support any Credible, Competent and Capable Nkanu man irrespective of his local government of origin as his successor.
- That Youths of Enugu East Senatorial zone has agreed to unite under the Nwa Nkanu umbrella and hereby condemn in strong terms every other local government based movement or any consultations clamouring for their individual interests such as Ka Isi Uzo Jee, Ka Nkanu West Jee, Ka Enugu East Jee, Ka Nkanu East Jee, Ka Enugu South Jee, Ka Enugu North Jee, etc as they are only dividing us instead of Uniting the sons and daughters of Nkanu land towards a collective Nwa Nkanu Agenda.
- That Nkanu Youths are aware of some saboteurs betraying the collective interest of our nation, we hereby call on the very few to retrace else be prepared to face the music of thousands of Nkanu youths.
- That we are also conscious of some desperate politicians and their political jobbers trying to induce chaos and instability in Enugu state by their failed bid to truncate the zoning arrangement, we hereby warn them to wake up from the feverish dream as any further undertaking will be fiercely resisted.
- We thank Ndi Enugu state for keeping faith with the government of Enugu state and Nkanu nation assuring them that we the Nkanu youths will work with like-minded personalities in the state to ensure that a competent Nkanu man emerges as Enugu state governor come next year.
- Stakeholders present at the well-attended summit include:
A. Professor Anselem Onyimoyi Ego – Keynote Speaker
B. Professor Chinwuba Owoh – Guest Speaker
C. Chukwuma Ephraim Okenwa (CEO) – Guest Speaker
D. Hon. Chinedu Anichi – Special Assistant to Enugu Governor on Security
D. Hon. Chidi Ilogebe – Special Assistant to Governor on Students Affairs
D. Hon. Mark Onuoha – Special Assistant to Governor on Lands, business development and job creation.
E. Hon. Abuchi Ugwu – Secretary, Enugu North local government.
F. Hon. Ebuka Okoh – Chairman, National Youth Council of Nigeria, Enugu State Chapter.
G. Hon. Oge Nnamene – Former Special Assistant on Youths to Enugu State Governor.
H. Hon. Dika Nwachukwu – Technical Assistant on Youth Development
I. Hon. David Ani – Technical
Assistant to Enugu Governor.
J. Hon. Egbo Franklin – Technical Assistant to Enugu Governor.
K. Comrade Roy Ekwueme – National President, Nsukka Youths
L. Comrade Keneth Ani – President, National Association of Nkanu Students
M. Hon. Temple Chika – Former NYCN Chairman, Enugu State
N. Comrade Emmanuel Ikechukwu – NANS Chairman, Enugu State.
O. Amb. Gabriel Odi – Speaker, National Youth Assembly of Nigeria, Enugu State.
P. Hon. Columbus Iloka – National Secretary, Nkanu Youths
Q. Hon. Chijioke Jideofor – Former SA Media, Ezeagu local government.
R. Comr. Alum Chiemerie – National Treasury, Nkanu Youths
Amongst other stakeholders.
Hon. Edeani M. Edeani
National President, Nkanu Youths, Aide to Enugu State Governor and the Convener.